Terms Of Hire Last Updated: March 2023
- “The Forge” refers to The Forge Photographic Services Ltd
- “The Customer” refers to any person, firm, or company dealing with The Forge, or any servant or employee of such a person, firm, or company.
- “Services” include all studio facilities, services of assistants, technicians, operators, and other personnel of The Forge or of any sub-contractor of the Company.
- “Equipment” refers to all studio fixtures, props, and other equipment provided by The Forge or by its nominated sub-contractors.
- “Studios” refer to the premises of The Forge for the time being where the services and equipment are provided.
- The Forge will not entertain any claims arising out of any failure of the Customer to effect its insurance cover. The Customer must ensure that their Public Liability insurance covers all persons in the studio during the hours of use to cover any accident, injury or death.
- These conditions constitute the entire contract and may not be varied otherwise than in writing signed by a duly authorized signatory on behalf of The Forge.
- The Forge’s services and charge rates are set out in The Forge Hire Rate Card, which may be varied by The Forge without notice.
- Nothing in these conditions is intended to exclude, restrict, or modify liability on the part of The Forge resulting from negligence or otherwise unless permitted by Statute.
- The Customer is responsible for any breakages, loss, or damage caused by or arising from their use of the Equipment or the Studio or by any servant, agent, employee, or sub-contractor of the Customer.
- Any discounts offered on The Forge hires are exclusive and cannot be combined unless pre-agreed discounts are offered company-wide. The higher discount will always be applied. Special offers must be requested at the time of booking, and will not be automatically applied.
- Noise levels should be kept to an acceptable level at all times as the studios have neighbours.
- The Studio is available for daily use between 0900hrs and 1800hrs. Use outside these hours is not permitted unless previously agreed in writing by The Forge.
- The Studio may be provisionally booked by email and the booking should be confirmed within 48 hours.
- If the Customer wishes to postpone a confirmed booking, they must do so at least 72 hours before the hire period starts, or 50% of the full studio booking rate will apply.
- Cancellations should be done 72 hours before the booking period starts, or the full studio booking rate will apply.
- Bookings may only be extended with the prior consent of The Forge, and published ‘overtime’ rates will be applicable to hires that run over the booked time. Customers must ensure that set up and take-down time takes place within the hours booked.
- The Customer must observe all regulations governing the use of the Studio and any Equipment and services whether imposed by The Forge or by any statutory body or Local Authority.
- The Studio is available for the exclusive use of the Customer named in the booking, and the Customer is not permitted to sub-contract, sub-let, or otherwise permit any third party to use the Studio without the prior written consent of The Forge.
- Any materials used in connection with sets constructed by the Customer, as well as any rubbish, must be removed from the Studio at the end of the hire period at the Customer’s expense, or additional charges will apply.
- No alterations, decorations, or additions to the Studio are permitted without the consent of The Forge. At the end of the hire period, the Studio must be surrendered in the same condition that it